Expected School-wide Learning Results
California Lutheran High School
A. CLHS students will be Christians who:
- Grow in their knowledge of the Christian faith and are able to articulate the foundational beliefs of the Christian faith,
- Practice their faith in worship, prayer, Bible study, witnessing, and showing love,
- Approach the study of all disciplines from a Christian viewpoint, always recognizing the hand of God at work in the world.
B. CLHS students will be life-long learners who:
- Use technology for learning, work, and communication,
- Grow in their knowledge of health lifestyle choices, and
- Are actively engaged in learning.
C. CLHS students will be communicators who:
- Express the thoughts and ideas of themselves and others clearly and effectively in written and oral communication,
- Express their knowledge, trust, and understanding of the true God and their relationship with him through language and music, and
- Confidently and appropriately utilize various styles of oral and written communication in a public setting.
D. CLHS student will be problem solvers who:
- Use critical thinking to analyze and interpret various data and information,
- Solve various problems using logic and reasoning, and
- Read, comprehend, and analyze written text and literature using higher level thinking skills.